The WHSD – Western High-Speed Diameter is a project of an international scale implemented in St. Petersburg – Russia. Currently, the construction of WHSD is the largest PPP project in the field of road construction in Europe.
It consists of 11570 meters of high-speed urban motorway viaduct with 2081 meters o the ground, other 5297 meters above the sea, the construction of 620 meters and 580 meters of suspension bridges, a 168 meters sea-canal bridge, 2417 meters of technological filling and a 407 meters tunnel.
LMV SPA commitment:
In the WHSD – Western High-Speed Diameter project, LMV Spa is in charge of two main commitments:
- Special equipment supply for launching and lifting of main steel structures
- Erection and launching works of main steel structures
Both the works will engage LMV SPA from 2014 till 2016, with both the Italian production plants and the Russian Branch LMV LLC.
Special equipment supply:
LMV SPA is in charge of the production, the startup and the commissioning of the special equipment needed for launching and lifting operations of main steel structures for all the 10 sections of the WHSD – Western High-Speed Diameter project.
This equipment consists of:
- Tower cranes 80-ton lifting capacity
- Derrick cranes from 80- to 600-ton lifting capacity
- Winches and pulling systems from 32- to 384-ton pulling capacity
- Rollers and sliding systems from 250- to 3000-ton capacity
- Trucks and other hydraulic handling devices
- Hydraulic 700 bar high pressure equipments for hydraulic machines
The equipment was used by Russian and Italian subcontractors in charge of the erection of the main steel bridges for the two years of works, under the supervision of LMV SPA technical specialists.
This equipment will introduce for the first time in Russia the launching method for the erection of steel bridges.
Erection and launching works of main steel structure:
LMV SPA is directly involved in the erection and launching works of the main steel structures of 2 of the main 10 sections of the WHSD – Western High-Speed Diameter project.
These are the main features of these two sections:
- 22 600 tons of bridges and main steel structures
- 8000 tons of auxiliary steel structures and equipments
- 1800 m of steel viaducts above the sea
- 168 500 hours of main steel structures welding
For the erection and launching works of the main steel structures, LMV SPA is engaged with the following manpower and equipment:
Technical staff and engineers of 25 persons
- Nr 80 welders
- Nr 60 steel carpentry erectors
- Nr 45 painters
- Nr 20 launching specialists
- Indirect staff of nr 35 persons
- Nr 2 heavy lifting 350 ton crawler cranes
- Nr 5 mobile cranes
- Nr 2 50 tons gantry cranes
- Nr 108 250 tons capacity rollers
The duration of works - 1,5 years.